Pages

3.19.2012

Celebration


Last week my mother, Melba, gave thanks for her 50th year of life.
Saturday evening, Nicholas & I hosted our first dinner party in honor of her. 
We were joined by a few very dear friends and family.

But rewind a bit. . .
I spent the whole month planning because I 
L-O-V-E 
LOVE 
l o v e 
birthdays! 

Any and all birthdays. I decided there was no reason this couldn't be my mom's best birthday yet. So I took a little of this and a little of that, borrowed dishes and tables and chairs and mason jars and buttons...
I printed up my mom's favorite poems and quotes from her favorite books and authors. I sneaked old photos from my parent's house, and even found my mom's old yearbook from her senior year at bible college from w a y back in the day. :)
Then I sewed, ironed, glued, snipped, folded, tied, pinned, spray-painted, decoupaged, hung, strung, arranged, cooked, cleaned, baked, frosted, brewed, chopped, mixed, etc. . .

And in the end, it was a perfect (if I do say so, myself).
See for yourself.
.
.
.


Parents





Yearbook.





I used this, along with other photos, in a special slideshow. Gold star to anyone who can tell me which small child is my momma :)

Our family (minus Nessa & Lucas)
Here's to the next 50, Momma :)
May they be even fuller and richer than the first.


♥ Bethany

1 comment:

  1. thank you :) i always love to see new readers :) & I'll be sure to check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete