Pages

4.12.2012

Thrifty Thursdays

I love wearing fun dresses.

Oracle Summer Tunic $79AUD
This little number from esther, an Australian based online boutique, recently caught my eye. The colors, bold pattern, silhouette exude fun, flirty femininity.

But, I am always looking for a bargain so I waited hoping that one of two things would happen:

a.) It would go on sale. Like a really big sale.
b.) I would find a similar dress that looked just as amazing for a fraction of the price.

Well, it did not go on sale. But, I found an alternative. Yay! & it is pretty amazing! See for yourself...

A super cute picture thanks to Instagram
Close up of the pattern.
Oliver made sure he got in at least one photo


This dress is the essence of me. 
It is the perfect balance of whimsy, exotic & effortlessly stylish. Just add a messy braid, my oversized rose gold wristwatch and a pair of leather sandals and I am ready to take on the world. :)

This dress is from Forever21. Dresses like this typically range from $10 to $25. I found mine brand new at my local Flea Market for just $4! 

The moral of this story?
If something is out of your price range, there are affordable alternatives as long as you are willing to explore a little. 

Also, you never know what affordable treasures lurk in local thrift stores, vintage shops & flea markets.  

Happy Hunting!

♥Beth

p.s. If any of you have found any awesome bargains lately, send me an email. I would love to hear about them!



1 comment:

  1. That is SOOO cute! I love a great tribal pattern! :) Nice find!!

    ReplyDelete