Pages

11.06.2011

Wild Thing

The night [Oliver] wore his wolf suit, & made mischief of one kind and another...
His mother called him, "Wild thing!" And [Oliver] said, "I'll eat you up!" 
-Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak


For Halloween, I decided to get creative and make Oliver's costume.

As a child, one of my favorite books was Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. It's adorable and the pictures are priceless. (A movie was made recently but it doesn't hold a candle to the book, in my opinion)

So I dressed Oliver as Max.

"...& made him king of all wild things."




We enjoyed handing out candy and spending time with our family that night. 
Nicholas & my brother Reuben caused quite a "wild rumpus" scaring little candy seeking children, and some not-so-little candy seekers too. :) Altogether it was a memorable night for Oliver's very first Halloween. 

1 comment:

  1. haha omg he looks so cute!

    so do you love!
    i like the flower on your hair <3



    did you receive my email?


    ¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸

    HAVE A GOOD WEEK LOVE !

    xoxo
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸

    ReplyDelete