Pages

9.29.2011

Words.

I read chapter 40 of the book of Isaiah today.

I read it out loud as I was rocking Oliver to sleep for a nap.

The final verse of this chapter is very familiar to me, and probably familiar to most. It is a beautiful reminder of the source of strength, often quoted when someone needs to hear words of encouragement:

but they who wait for the L o r d shall renew their strength; 
they shall mount up with wings like eagles; 
they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 ESV

I often forget about the rest of the chapter, though. Reading it today was like reading it for the first time. It was new and it seemed to be written specifically for me, for this day.

And I was reminded that God's word is alive and it will speak to anyone who is willing to listen.

Verse 8 says, "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever."


He will tend his flock like a shepherd;
he will gather the lambs in his arms; 
he will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.
Isaiah 40:11 ESV


~Bethany

1 comment:

  1. ok ... i really can't believe
    how perfect your son is ..

    HE IS TOOO CUTEEEEEEEE!

    do plan to have him do commercials :)
    i would love to see that face on tv


    have a great weekend darling!


    fly with me ♥
    www.onlyaflightway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete