Pages

2.28.2011

Being Kind.

So, this month I've been teaching the 4th and 5th graders in my Kid's Connection class about kindness. And it's going really well. The kids have all identified the "enemies" in their lives, and then brainstormed ways to show kindness, regardless of how they feel toward these unkind individuals. They are really getting it.

Fast forward to now. The more I teach about kindness, the more I've encountered situations where I need to put it into practice in my own life. This month has been both frustrating and enlightening. Not only have I convinced a lot of kids that Jesus wants us to be kind, but I've encountered instance after instance where I need to be kind too; and it's not as easy as it sounds. But the more I teach, the more I learn. Ironically, in order for me to really relate to the lesson, I had to actually learn from it and really start practicing being kind, daily.

This week I am thankful that the Bible applies to everyone. Regardless of how much I think I already know, I will never stop learning and growing.

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you." Luke 6:31

No comments:

Post a Comment